Thursday, June 12, 2014

Shall I continue spamming this blog? XP

Continuing on my last update:

I went back to work on 1st of July and like Koon Teck, we didn't get to choose the discipline we want to go and we landed back at the same discipline. Mine was cardio-thoracic. The first few months were torturous.. Most seniors said they don't treat me like a new staff so they have higher expectations of me remembering the things and stuff. 
*How the heck will I remember things that were just observed 2 years back? It's not that I've practiced those things during my 2 years of study..*
Scrubbed CABG everyday to the extent that I was so sick of the word. Got scolded/ nagged by seniors and even my preceptor was on the verge of giving me up. I could feel her disappointment at that time. I actually cried when I reached home..
Lucky for me, I have the same batch people with me and they can somehow relate to how I was feeling at that time. We would vent all our frustrations in a chat group which will make us feel better. We encourage and cheer one another up and that kinda boosted my confidence somehow or rather.

Worked for about a month or so and I went for my foundation programme which was in August. Met some of my classmates in UOM as well as some of the new staff who were posted to MOT.  
After foundation programme I continued the routine of scrubbing everyday and in about 2 months later, I'd finally single-scrubbed my CABG. I heaved a sigh of relief because that's the time when our Sister will not force us to scrub cases everyday anymore. Everyone, even my preceptor, was happy. I really felt good when she said 'well done, Adele'. :)

The next few months were so far so good and next month will be my 1st year in MOT, excluding the 5 months I stayed before my studies.

Oh! Another thing to add, during my foundation programme, I won the tickets to movie gala premiere at MBS and I got the chance to meet my favourite actress, Han Hyo Joo! I was seriously star-struck by her mesmerising beauty.. Haha! Mum went with me and we waited for the red carpet event that started at around 7.45pm. The crowd were mainly Junho's fans but I met some of Hyo Joo's soompi fans and we stayed together until the event started. I remembered Hyo Joo gave me her signature first when she saw me holding the 'poster' found in my DVD. When she came over, we shouted her signature phrase in Running Man, "아름답다!". :D
This time, Junho followed and I was literally squashed by the countless stretched hands hoping to get signatures from Junho. I couldn't even say thank you to Hyo Joo for her signature..
고마워요, 언니~
 
Loved her clover at the end.. :D

Anyway, my graduation ceremony was held on the 27th of September 2013. I never thought I would ever get into a university, much less graduate. University was more of a dream to me.. I have nothing to say but just wanna thank my poly lecturer for writing the recommendation letter and my parents as well as my friends for their continuous support! 

Graduate lo! :D :D :D
Wanted a more decent shot in a studio of the three of us but here is a shot taken by my classmate, Ya Nee, first. Thanks Ya Nee for this photo~ :)

At the end of 2013, something grave happened. Mum's kidney condition turned for the worse and she needed immediate dialysis. She went on to insert a femoral catheter then a perm catheter that lasted only 1 month before it got infected and had to remove it surgically. During her hospitalisation, she inserted another femoral catheter then a jugular vein catheter before putting in the 2nd perm catheter at the other side of her upper chest. 
Although I am a nurse, seeing these things in our loved ones felt different. I felt helpless.. Cried but no one was there to console me. Honestly, I was glad that whenever I update my status in facebook regarding my mum's condition, I'd still get encouragement from my friends. In fact, without them, I wouldn't be here writing this post. 
I'd spent the last day of 2013 with my mum in the ICA. Then came the first good news in 2014: my mum could finally be transferred to the general ward after staying in the ICA for about 2 weeks! I was so happy at that time and seeing my mum getting better by the day meant a lot to me. 

No words needed for a daughter's love for her mum. Love ya! *kisses*

Alright. I shall pause here and will continue updating in my next post. 
Till then! :D


No comments: