Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's been a ridiculously long time since I've last blogged. Almost 2 years ago?
Wow. It's a miracle that I'd still remember this blog. *smiles sheepishly*

Let's see. It's already the 11th day of the 6th month of the year. Hah.

Looking back at my previous post, I'd said I would talk about my trip to UK. Words can't express much but I'll show you guys photos instead. :D

However, being the "hill-tortoise" I am, I took like almost a thousand photos when I was there. So I would only randomly pick any photos I think would be nice. Let the photo bombing begins! :D

Yuanmei and I waiting to board the plane!

Transiting at Dubai Int'l Airport.

Reached Manchester!! :D

A group shot with the girls.

The highlight of the trip! Just kidding~ Man U!

First day at school.

Exploring our school's home ground like a tourist, literally. :D

Had my first Chinese meal and I would accept my own cooking better. 

More stadium-hunting and they made me stand in front of the Man City store with my Man U jersey. :O

Day tour ends with a group shot.

Happily posing with our newly gotten UOM hoodies! Royal purple FTW!

Even touching the Olympic Torch seemed so surreal~

Trying so hard for a 'mystic' feel in Hard Rock Cafe.

Adding another tee to my pathetic collection of HRC tees. :D (I can't find it now) :O

And I find that their flowers are exceptionally beautiful. 

A sneak peek into their graduation ceremony with the invitation from the school.

At a dog racing stadium, Belle Vue, with the usual gang.

Skype appeared to be a solution for loneliness for my mum. Skyping is never boring with her. :D

A photo of me in my formal, getting ready for a presentation.

Liverpool is my Dad's favourite team. #Ithinkheisjealousofmebutthatsfine

Making new friends in The Cavern club, the place where Beatles had their first performance.

The nature, which can hardly be found in SG, awes me at Lake District.

and feeding can be so much fun!

Black roofs look good even in gloomy days.

Stunned by the amazing architecture in Chester.

A small town named Glossop where horses and sheep are commonly seen.

and finally resting in Dr John's house after a long and strenuous trail walk along the mountainous area from the train station.

Moving on to London!
From King's Cross Station, 

to Madame Tussaud's Museum! 

Just had to... :)

The magnificent Buckingham Palace which makes jump shots a must!

The gorgeous night view of the London Eye and the Big Ben.

Friendly policemen willing to take photos with us.

We were thrilled to see a small shop selling SG food and couldn't stop saying how much we'd missed local food.. The food is quite good, I should say. Never mind the price, we just want local food! Heh

On board the "Knight Bus" to Harry Potter Land! :D
Someone just had to photobomb this picture. :))

Fulfilling my childhood dream of seeing the studio!

The Great Hall

Trying to get the feel of walking out of the tunnel but failed. :X

Tasting the infamous Butterbeer! It tastes like rootbeer with caramel. 

A 'real' Knight Bus that doesn't move an inch.

A pity that these 2 vehicles don't fly. Haha

Getting late for school! A must-take photo when you're in London.

The platform doesn't allow me to go in, so I had to 'fly' to school! Bye guys! LOL

The Olympic Rings at St Pancras Station.

Lastly, we move on to hot and sunny Paris!
A friendly Parisian waiter :)

My first not-so-adventurous-dish in Paris - sirloin steak.

Tried the steak tartare aka raw minced beef. It's surprisingly good! Yums.

Day tour continues. Upper portion of the pyramid at the Louvre Museum and forgotten to take the bottom of it. -_-
Didn't proceed into the museum because it was super crowded! 

Loved the sun-burning weather there.

Managed to find a spot in front of Notre Dame for a photo. See the queue at my back... It's crazy.

At the now-almost-collapsing Love Lock Bridge. 

Nothing beats the beauty of the Eiffel Tower!

Moulin Rouge and Arc de Triomphe 

My last meal in Paris - Confit de canard.

Well, these photos pretty much sums up my trip to the UK and Paris. Took me a while to get back all these photos but luckily they are all in Facebook. :))

Woah.
What. A. Lengthy. Post.

Hope you enjoyed reading.
Bye for now. :D

No comments: