Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Itching for another post after a long one. 2 posts in a day? Let's do it! :D

Continuing on my update, 2013 was a year of datelines and sadness.

Assignments were boring the hell out of me. Those dreadful word counts make my brain cells deplete every time I type a word.

What I looked forward to was graduation. Who doesn't? :)

But before that, something to be happy about, I brought my parents to Hong Kong for a long-awaited family trip in June! The moment I've submitted my 2 last assignments, BAM! Off we go!

As I looked back at one of my previous post, I mentioned that one of my dreams was to bring my mum to Hong Kong and I'd finally did it!

My mum was in a wheelchair so I took special care in planning the trip. Though my assignments were tiring me out, travel planning was so much fun but of course, tiresome at times..
We stayed in Regal Oriental Hotel and flew with Cathay Pacific. I can say the service in Cathay Pacific is fantastic, not mentioning the special service they provide for my mum.

As usual, when people travel to Hong Kong, it's 买东西, 吃东西all the way. We were no different. However, the hotel we stayed was not near any eateries except for one porridge stall that my mum loved. I particularly liked their century-egg porridge and for a person who doesn't like century-egg to say it's good, this means it's good!

Even their dim sum looked so good~

I opted for a triple room but they gave us a quadruple room because of some delays in giving us the room we need. Great service recovery the hotel has there.

I didn't expect my dad to say he wanted to go to Disneyland and he bought the tickets without us knowing! I thought he would feel it's kinda childish to go there..

 The photo looks like it's photoshopped. Haha.

After Disneyland, we took the cable car up to Ngong Ping Village where the Big Buddha statue is located. Mum's expressionless face in this photo was because she said she was to scared to see elsewhere. So cute. :)

Mum couldn't climb the stairs and Dad wanted to stay with Mum so I went up on my own.

Halfway there! 

Reached and the view is breathtaking! :DD

A group shot before we head back down. 

Next up, Avenue of Stars!
Mum with her favourite star, Anita Mui.

Failed terribly at imitating Bruce Lee's famous movements. XD

The night view remains one of the best in the world. It's just that my camera does no justice to that.

Trying to eat that humongous egg tart on display. :D

Just our luck that we didn't get to see the scenery of Hong Kong from the Peak down due to the fog.

Liked that the Government had the disabled people or rather the people-on-wheelchairs in mind.

Managed to grab some desserts before heading to the airport to catch our flight.

Last few glimpses at the busy streets of Hong Kong..

as well as in the airport.

Overall, the trip was a fun one because I get to spend precious time with my family and most of all, fulfilling my mum's dream of stepping into Hong Kong after how many donkey years. :))

On a side note, yay for a double post in a day! I managed to squeeze this post on the last minute of June 11th! 
Now, time for sleep.
Goodnight guys.
Hope you enjoyed reading. :D

No comments: