Saturday, November 24, 2007

i've always thought that work was easy for a waitress. in fact it's not easy at all. my friend introduced me to a job in pan pacific hotel as a banquet waitress. i thought it may be fun and i can also earn some money when awaiting my results for the 'O's. i heard the pay's quite good : $6/hr. quite good, huh? maybe it's the pay that attracted me to this job. so i agreed with my friend that we can find a time for the interview. one day the person-in-charge called me during red camp to tell me that there will a training on 24th from 2pm-10pm. i was already so lethargic from the red camp organised by ngee ann polytechnic from 21st nov-23d nov. wow! this is the only word i can describe red camp. :) all i can say is that it rocks,man! i belong to the apaches which represents the so-called "little indians". we went to a lot of places in the polytechnic itself. as for me, i love going to the health sciences school because i would like to be a health professional in future. enough said about the red camp but if there's a camp you have to go, i would say it's red camp...
anyway back to the topic of job, i went for the training then the trainer, Ramli, said we will have a work attachment almost immediately because orientation is only about an hour. we took a tour around pan pacific hotel and some of us were quite amazed to see the insights of the grand outside of the hotel. it's really an eye-opener for some of us who came out to work for the 1st time. hahas. including me. this is 1st time i come out to work as my mum says that i should spend more time on studying. now, 'O' level's over so i can really try to work for the 1st time! lol. i look forward to it actually. :D

No comments: