Saturday, May 24, 2008

i think i shouldn't let my happiness get over me.
i was elated when i was told that i can proceed to the semi-finals for NP Open.
it's a badminton tournament held in Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
i signed up for both women's doubles and singles.
then on 22nd may, it was the 1st round of the matches.
my partner, fu yang, said she cannot go because her CITS essay has yet to be done.
in the end, the organising committee said we were disqualified from the competiton.
so i can only go for the singles match.
you are out of the competition once you lose a game in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
the 1st match was fine, with the score of 21-5.
my opponent is nang kham lin, she's a burmese and in health sciences as well.
then i was told to wait for my 2nd match later..
by the time my name was called for the 2nd match, the empire said my opponent was considered walkover because she went off at the last minute.
what was my reaction? of course i feel happy.. :)
then on the semi-finals itself, i waited for more than 2 hours for my 1st match into the finals.
i had the 1st meeting for the NDP Bay Ambassadors 2008 from 9am-1.30pm..
i had to leave early because of that NP Open semis. i was told to reach the sports hall at 12pm. when i reached there, i saw my friend, soon heng, playing singles..
then i waited and waited for more than 2 hours before they called me to play for the 1st match.
my opponent was from xinmin sec previously so her skills apparently surpasses mine..
the score is thoroughly embarrassing: 5-21, 5-21.
obviously i lost.
then i waited for my 2nd match to determine the 3rd and 4th placing.
in less than 3 mins, the empire told me to play against a girl previously from fuhua sec.
for the past 4 years in Bukit Batok Sec, we never win fuhua sec in the zonal tournaments.
so, how can i win her by myself?
therefore, i lost again.
the score was 6-21, 9-21. at least i didn't get a zero.. :P
but i'm disappointed.. i can only get a 4th placing in the tournament. they only give medals to the top 3. i wanted to leave but they told me to stay back to watch the prize presentation.
who wants to feel so embarrassed when you didn't get a medal and stayed back just to watch them get one in front of me? no, right?
but that's what they told me to do.. i thought they will be so generous to give at least a token of participation for the ones who didn't get a medal. but i was wrong. i had to pretend that i have to go off early after receiving a phone call. :(
i should not be so happy....

No comments: